Sentient Labs may accept advertising from both direct advertising partners as well as from ad networks, but maintains a strict and clear separation between advertising and editorial content. Advertising is carefully presented in a way that will not interfere with your reading experience. This relates to both page design and to the number of ads we may choose to feature on any given page.
- All advertising or sponsored content on Sentient Labs is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- All ads on Sentient Labs are labeled as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- All “native” ads or paid content are identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- Editorial content on Sentient Labs is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly demarcated and identified with the title “Ad,” “Advertisement,” or “Sponsored”, or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
- In some cases, editorial may include links to partners for which Sentient Labs receives an affiliate commission (See ‘How We Make Money’ for more details). The placement of these links is not influenced by payment, and editorial reserves the right to change, modify or remove them at any time in order to provide the best experience to users.
Current Affiliate Partners
Updated August 23, 2022
Current Sponsored Content Partners
Updated August 4, 2022
How We Make Money
One way we’re able to offer great content on our website for free is by partnering with advertisers, affiliate partners, and sponsored content partners who are looking to reach consumers. This can take a number of different forms, as shown below. It’s important to note that we maintain strict editorial independence for all of our content, particularly on reviews and recommendations. If we love a product, service, or project, we’ll tell you even if we don’t have an advertising relationship. If we think a product or service is bad, we’ll also tell you that, regardless if we do have an advertising relationship with them. While we do recommend and review products regardless of any advertising relationships, we may not have reviewed every product available in a given category.
Affiliate Links to Advertisers
In some cases we may have an affiliate relationship with a project or product that we review, and so when you click on an “Open Account” button or sometimes a hyperlink on the product’s name in those cases we may receive compensation either when you click on it it or if you decide to sign up for the product. Whether or not we have an advertiser in place does not change the placement of the button or whether there’s a link for you to go to their website.
List of Sister Companies
Updated August 4, 2022
Some review/recommendations may include display advertising on them, which will be labelled as advertisements to ensure they are easily recognizable.